Monday, April 5, 2010

Dream BIG?

When you are young, you dream you big. You dream that you can be whatever you want to be, grown ups say it all the time. The question of the century was, "What do you want to be when you grow up?" Usually any profession you proposed, they said you could be. Unfortunately, what they forgot to mention is that it can take years to be what you want to be and sometimes the thought of being and actually being is far different. What they forgot to mention is that it's hard to dream big when what you want to do is hard to attain when the economy has crashed,when getting into school gets harder each year, and when the thought of dreaming big seems very distant. I thought for the past ten years I knew what I wanted to be. Lucky for me everything has just kind of happened but unlucky for me is that dream has been crushed by reality. The real thing isn't as good as what I thought it would be. And I get "the whole work thing and it will pay off".but what about living and enjoying that moment.? If you can't enjoy the ride, why stay on it...because no one can promise you that you won't crash in the end. Sometimes you can't just push through life. At some point you need to wake up and determine what is really important. You can't settle with what you know because the unknown can be much more gratifying.

I am dreaming again but this time as a grown up. I feel like I don't even know where to start, but maybe that's a start...


No comments:

Post a Comment